There are many advantages of undergoing athlete massages. It helps improve the circulating of blood in the system, prevents or reduces the risk of an injury, improves flexibility. There are many things that need to be considered before you get yourself the appointment. The person you consult should be able to guide you and also give you knowledge about the type of treatment that you need.
It is vital that you understand the importance and the different types of sport massage therapies. In order to make sure that you make the most of it, this guide will give you a few tips to follow.
- Timing – If you have a race in a few days, ensure that you book an appointment prior with a time period so that you will not end up with any other issues. If you book your appointment too close to the race, there is a chance that you will be sore on your race day and therefore, hindering your performance.
- Post race – After a race you have the time to recovery. You can focus on the recovery period and combine a massaging appointment after three days of the event. This will help reduce the soreness.
- Questions – Ask your therapist any questions that you have regarding an impending shoulder pain Sydney CBD due to an injury. You will have to answer a few questions such as how often you train and the previous treatments you have undergone. This will help you and the therapist to form a relationship so that you can work towards a successful treatment.
- Hydration – You need to well hydrate before you step on the massaging table. When you are dehydrated, you muscles tend to stiffen making the massage more painful. This will help you to recovery from the lactic acid build in your muscles.
- Food – Before you head out for your rubdown, you should eat at least three hours prior and the meal should be light. You should not feel uncomfortable when lying on your stomach.
- Expectations – Remember that you are not going for a spa session. You are actually entering a room where you have interact physically and do your part at home to ensure that you can get the required results.
- The areas – The massage will not only be limited to your legs. You can expand the focus to your arms and back.
- Soreness – Remember that being sore is a normal sign when undergoing therapy. This will help you focus on this sore areas that next time.
- Take a nice bath after the workout. This will help your body to relax.
Keep these tips in mind, so that when you decide you need treatment, you can follow the suitable few.